Sunday 14 April 2013

Revolutionise yourself

Tuesday, 19th April 2013.

(Recommended song choice for this blog entry: "Full Moon" - The Black Ghosts)


At the end of my stay at Bulungula Lodge, I came to understand that it is reality which motivates us. It is because of this reality that we are often stuck between trying to change, or making a desperate attempt to maintain the circumstances of the moment.


When I was not exploring the lodge or the village, I would often silence myself and turn to the rumbling speech of the ocean. A lot is spoken in silence, and I find it becoming more and more of a foreign affair to me, as I catch myself anticipating the sirens and overwhelming 'nature' of the urban lifestyle.


I feel that the efforts made to get out to this remarkable coastal treasure were so worth it all. 

My only regret was that I did not have more time with it. 
The experience gained of travelling the 3.5 hour 4X4 road, conquering the rocket shower, and becoming accustomed to the potential stillness of life - is irreplaceable. 
Before Bulungula, this eco-friendly and more importantly sustainable way of life had remained textbook theories and statistics for me, which I had found myself discussing during my school years, my university days, and over the dinner table with family and friends. 

The time and effort taken to try and engage with this experience was and still does NOT remain the challenge of this initiative that Bulungula is trying to spread.

I believe the challenge lies in translating this unique experience into my (or our) everyday lifestyles. 

There will come a time, if not now, that we have to acknowledge and embody our understanding of unity, as both humanists and environmentalists.


Everybody and everything - coming together to form a collective whole.

In this world where we are motivated by reality, we must not be afraid to stretch the boundaries of our imagination. Revolutionise yourself.

I will try my best to bring it back home with me.


We are all one. No more, and no less.



With jubilancy,

Ali.



4 comments:

  1. Aye aye a truer word I have yet to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy,,
    Im supported u in bigblog excahnge and voted for ya,,
    would like u drop into my blog winnyradc.wordpress.com

    -Greeting from Indonesia-
    Winny

    ReplyDelete
  3. A word that comes from the heart and is meant.

    Thank you so very much Winny, I would love to have read through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there Winny, I voted for you back :)

    Your blog looks wonderful and so well organised too - you need to show me a few tricks some day!

    Warm greetings from South Africa,
    Ali.

    ReplyDelete