Friday 8 February 2013

What's in the bag... Bro??

AS promised, below is the listing of all the luggage I am carrying with me on this month long trip of the Fairtrade 21 Day Travel Pass.

I have broken the list up into categories of subheadings to make my items easier to keep track of (as well as the ability to make use of this as a 'checklist' between each stop and rest point).

EQUIPMENT:

* rechargeable batteries and charger
   AA x4 and AAA x2
* Canon Powershot S5IS
* camera bag
* digital voice recorder
* headphones
* laptop and charger
* mobile and charger
* head torch (bound to come in use)
* double adaptor

LEAVING THE HAIR DRYER AT HOME!!!

TOILETRIES:

* face wash
* moisturiser
* sunscreen
* 1st aid medical kit (basics)
* hairbrush
* toothbrush
* toothpaste
* deodorant
* little perfume sample???
* antibiotics (2 various kinds as I am nearing the end of my recovery stage from a foot infection                                      eeeeuw sies! As well as backup for when I am on the road!)
* small bottle of shampoo
* leave-in-conditioner

CLOTHING:

* denim shorts x2 pairs
* woollen sweater
* denim shirt
* cotton pull-over
* cotton dresses x2
* casual secret socks x5 pairs
* 'casual' underwear x5 pairs
* rain jacket (especially handy when it comes to hiking)
* jeans x1 pair
* bathing suite
* cotton tops x3
* knitted woollen snood scarf (a handmade gift from my mother <3 )
* black sleeping leggings x1 pair

SHOES:

* hiking boots
* slip slops

EXTRAS:

* kikoi
* towel
* hat
* sunglasses x2 (emergency pair!!!)
* travel pillow
* moleskin journal
* pens x3
* travel guide
* small grey-coloured nail polish bottle (if not, why not)
* padkos/snacks for the road (energy bars, nuts, gum etc...)




My cat Shila, dominating my bed, ignoring the chaos around her.


Shila again, probed by camera gear and voice recorders. Going to miss my comfy bed.


Denim jacket (bottom left); handmade cream woollen snood (top left); toiletries and 1st aid medical kit (red pull-bag, centre); two travel bags and black travel pillow (bottom right, on the floor).




Finally, bags are packed! Hiking bag (left) is decorated by Zulu love beads, a good omen for my travels. My mother used the same beads on her month long trip through India. The backpack (right) is filled with a towel and all my medical supplies. Rather be safe than sorry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment